FROGBLOCK - a textmode font
A downloadable font
A textmode font by Polyducks
Update: Frogblock now has a version 2 which fixes a missing block character and removes several duplicate characters, adding in a new 'sawtooth' shape.
What is this?
This is a monospaced textmode font for general use with additional special characters for drawing artwork with your text. You can use it just as a font for your game, or use the included files to make your own artwork on a grid. Examples of artwork are visible on the side here.
About the font:
* 8x8 chararacters
* pixel font
* 256 characters
* 2 x 1bit bitmap file (regular/inverted)
* 2 x 1bit PNG file (regular/inverted)
* 2x TTF (regular/inverted)
* 2x WOFF (regular/inverted)
* 2x WOFF2 (regular/inverted)
* .char file for using with PLAYSCII (for use with regular)
* README.txt (including all the chars within the font)
* Text characters are mostly in ANSI order (things like text and numbers and certain chars) which allows for easy text rendering.
* Compatible with REXpaint, lvllvl.com, PLAYSCII and most textmode art editors. Can also just be copied and pasted by hand.
* TTF is ready to go. You can drag and drop it into your computer's fonts and start typing, or use it to create a textmode website.
* Free with attribution for commercial and non-commercial. Redistributing the font as an asset is prohibited. This product may not be used to create blockchain content, including all forms of crypto and NFTs. More detail available inside the license.txt.
Please support the project if you're able to, it will enable me to keep producing more fonts.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- V2.1 was fine, totally fine...Apr 24, 2022
- FROGBLOCK V2.1 fixApr 23, 2022
- Update to V2: fixed missing characters and duplicatesApr 14, 2022
- WOFF/WOFF2 and license update to allow conversionsDec 02, 2021